Friday, March 14, 2008

Remove the virus jamesgo.dll in your Harddisk

Remove that jamesgo.dll in your hardrives/hardisk

Steps

  • Start your PC in safe mode.
  • Open regedit by typing "regedit" in the run command
  • Find all test.bat codes and erase them one by one until your registry is clean.
  • Find test.vbs codes and erase all of them.
  • Find jamesgo.dll and erase the string "jamesgo.dll".
  • Continue searching and erasing until your registry is clean.
  • Repeat the process once or twice to ensure that the data has been erased.

Or

Open your Task manager using Ctrl+ alt + Delete simultaneously

  • Open your command prompt in shell C:
  • When in Command prompt,
  • you can see this ---> C:\
  • type after the C:\ this "del autorun.* /f /s /q /a"
  • "del test.* /f /s /q /a"
  • "del jamesgo.* /f /s /q /a"
  • Remember type those command without the qoutes.
  • Restart you PC after delete commands.
  • Check your Hard Disk if jamesgo is still there.

Godluck...comment if it helped you..

Thanks

3 comments:

Yoko said...

Hey..this is good info. Thanks for sharing. ;)

Rolly Obedencio said...

It helps a lot. I removed all those nuisance files of jamesgo in my USB. They have just been hiding undetected by windows.

However, my other computer after the registry keys with test.reg/bat/vbs have been removed, I cannot log on to Windows XP either as administrator or user. I followed the suggestion at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058/en-us
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87304.html
http://www.edmartechguide.com/2008/02/jamesgodll-automatic-removal-tool.html
but of no avail.

I want to reformat the hardisk, but I have to rethink many times since the files haven't been backed up, since they cannot be copied into my USB in the DOS mode. I'm in the dilemma on what to do.

Is there any better suggestion that I don't to reinstall Windows XP?

I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks!

yllorco

Aispinay said...

To rolly:

Sorry for the late reply but, hope this could help

I think you just need to repair your registry, your windows installer Cd can help, Just log in to your admin account then press "delete" when booting then you should be on your bios infor. Be sure to boot first in CD then press "F10" to save your settings,. After booting when the first screen appear just press "r" and it will bring you the microsoft repair" just follow the instruction and you'll be running in no time.

or

if you know "Flobo Hard disk Repair" it can help let me know if you want the program and I'll email it to you since were not allowed to post any link for program download that is not under the free license.

if there's anything i can be of help don't hesitate to send me a message.

Aispinay